Sunday, June 17, 2012

Little Birds

On my front porch, there is a wreath. Inside that wreath, there is a nest. Inside that nest, there are two tiny newly hatched baby birds. And they are very very sweet.

There is one problem though. As much as my family and I love them and are excited that they are there on our porch and sharing our living space, The babies' mama does not love us. Every time we open the door to leave or come to the house, she quickly flies away to the tree in the front yard and yells at us.

However, the reason she hates me is not a bird reason. It is a universal mother reason. The other day, I was coming home from work and saw that she, again, had flown quickly away. Feeling bad for putting out a new mother, I apologized the whole way from my car to the door. During my apologies, though, I inadvertently woke up her sleeping babies, making her even more mad at me.

You do not wake up a new mother's sleeping baby. They don't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment